Our Canoe Detente Dordogne itinerary
Meet at the Port d'Enveaux, at the "Canoë Détente" base 30 minutes before your departure time.
A bus will take you upriver to Vézac, La Roque Gageac or Carsac to start your trip, which lasts about 1 to 5 hours plus your stops.
Canoë Détente proposes you 3 CIRCUITS OF THE CASTLES on the Dordogne River :
3 Castles Tour
Beynac 7 km
- Your journey begins with the 15th century Château de Fayrac.
- A few kilometres further on, you will pass the famous Château de Beynac which was used for the filming of "Les Visiteurs 1" in 1993, "Les visiteurs 2" in 1997, "Jeanne d'Arc" in 1999 and more recently, "The Last Duel" with Ben Affleck and Matt Demon in 2020! The village of Beynac is also listed as one of the most beautiful villages in France.
- You will finish your tour with Josephine Baker's Châteaux Des Milandes and we will be about 20 mins on the right opposite the village of Enveaux.
6 Castles Tour
La Roque Gageac 14 km
- You start your journey directly with the cliffs of Pendoilles followed by the village of La Roque Gageac classified as one of the most beautiful villages in France. It's a perfect place to take time to take some nice pictures, have a snack break or even take a dip!
- The 19th century Château De La Malartrie is just outside the village of La Roque Gageac.
Once past all this, after about 45min, you will pass the Châteaux de Castelnaud with its museum of warfare in the Middle Ages. Its village is also listed as one of the most beautiful villages in France.
- Then the Château de Marqueyssac will be on your right, a little behind you, if you are very careful you can see it.
From the Château de Fayrac, you will join the Circuit des 3 Châteaux
7 Castles Tour
Carsac 28 km
- The beginning of your journey will be rich in rocks, cliffs, wild birds, it will be the "wildest" part of the journey.
- The first castle that you will see is after a good ½ hour of canoeing, it will be the magnificent Castle of Montfort dating from the 13th century!
- A little further on, the rock of Caudon will give you some shade!
- Before the second road bridge you can see the 13th century bastide of Domme, which is also a village classified as one of the most beautiful villages in France.
From the village of La Roque Gageac, you join the Circuit des 6 Châteaux
Map of our 3 courses
You will find on site
On site, you will find a restaurant - bar - brasserie, guest rooms, a refreshment bar, games for your children, a large picnic area, a beach (unsupervised swimming) of about a hundred metres (clean and maintained), part of which is shaded and grassed.